A delicious treat just in time for Valentines Day tomorrow.
You can save time and money by making this recipe at home!
Create an easy, impressive dessert by dipping juicy strawberries in sweet chocolate.
- pint (2 cups) medium-large strawberries (18 to 20 strawberries)
- cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil
- 1 Gently rinse strawberries and dry on paper towels (berries must be completely dry). Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- 2 In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 3 Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie sheet.
- 4 Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften (if made with oil, chocolate will soften more quickly at room temperature).
Arrange these elegant berries around the base of a cake, or place on top to dress up any dessert.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries on Amazon:
12 Gourmet Dipped Fancy Strawberries – Great for Valentine’s Day12 Love Berries Chocolate Covered Strawberries12 Gourmet Dipped Swizzled Strawberries – Great for Valentine’s DayWhole Strawberries Dipped in Dark Chocolate by LuXocolatGolden State Fruit 9 Piece Love Bites Valentine Chocolate Covered StrawberriesGolden State Fruit 18 Piece Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Berry BitesGhirardelli Chocolate Squares Dark & Strawberry 3.72 OzGolden State Fruit 9 Piece Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Berry Bites24 Gourmet Dipped Fancy Strawberries – Great for Valentine’s Day